You probably have seen this pore suction device/cleaner everywhere. It is tempting to get one because of the yucky videos they show sucking out the black heads and white heads from your pores.
Why you shouldn't use it:
- It loosens your skin elasticity. In a long run, your skin will sag easily. Wrinkles and fine lines will appear easily.
- It will cause sensitivity on your skin. The suction power may be too strong for your skin. If it is gentle it won't be able to suck out the impurities, so you can imagine how powerful the device is.
- Deep cleansing isn't just about removing the impurities through the suction device. Deep cleansing has to be done by stages - promote the deep impurities to resurface on the top of the skin and slowly removing it from the top.
- Not all impurities can be removed through the suction. It will only make your pores bigger through the process.
The device comes in many shapes and sizes. Some sold at extremely steep price. And some cost as low as RM10. Surprised? These device is made from OEM manufacturers with no brand, no quality control and God knows if they passed the safety test.
Here's what you can do if you want to deep cleanse your skin:
- Follow proper treatment advised by dermatologist. Consult a beautician if you think you have a bad skin situation.
- For home care, I would recommend you to follow the microdermabrasion treatment. The Philips Visacare Microdermabrasion device resembles the pore suction device but it really is a treatment. Do consider getting that instead of the pore suction device. Although the sucking power is not that strong, it is surely safe for your skin.
- Use the Cellnique Skin Action Sebum Gel every night to get the blackheads out of your skin naturally. It is the best skincare product that removes blackheads without having to do anything (except to apply it on your skin).
- Use deep cleansing facial wash. I do not have any recommendation for this, but the Hada Labo AHA+BHA Foam Cleanser is probably the best to combat blackheads & whiteheads problem.