How’s everyone doing? Today I’m going to share with you all one of the most anticipated beauty box.... Vanity Trove Malaysia edition. I’ve been waiting for this quite awhile because I used to subscribe to VT Singapore. It’s nice to see that VT is now more localized.
Before I get into the content of this month’s VT Malaysia, I’m going to highlight some differences between VT Singapore and VT Malaysia.
1. If you have subscribed to VT Singapore, your account will be switched to VT Malaysia edition automatically. You will not receive VT Singapore edition in the future.
2. The content of VT Singapore and VT Malaysia is totally different. VT Malaysia focuses on products that applicable to Malaysian market and now you will receive vouchers that can be used in Malaysia. I think this is a good improvement.
3. If you would like to receive VT Singapore, please write to VT personally.
So, here’s what we have in this month’s Vanity Trove Malaysia edition:
The packaging is totally the same as the one from Singapore. I really love the sturdy drawer-type box. It’s really useful for storage compared to other beauty boxes packaging. I’m reusing the boxes to store my stationeries and some makeup stuff. I'm going to bring two of the VT empty boxes to my office to store all my stationeries.
They also include a small hand written note. I love personalized touch like this...
There are 7 items in this month’s VT:
1. System Professional Hair Care
I received the exact same thing from Nov 2012CosmoBox. So if you subscribed to Nov 2012 CosmoBox, these are repeated products. I haven’t use the previous one that I have. I hope it is good.
2. Oriks Wild Ginseng Stemcell Twister Essence
Soft and velvety. Reduces visible pores while hydrating and nourishing skin.
Oriks is a new brand to me. I’ve never heard about it until MIVVA featured. The Oriks Collagen serum I got from the MIVVA box is quite good. So I think this Wild Ginseng Essence would be good too. Because my skincare routine is already packed with the stuff I’m currently using, I will use this under my mask. Just spread it on to the face for a few second, then I’ll put on my sheet mask as usual.
3. Oriks Wild Ginseng Stemcell Essence Twister BB Cream
Formulated with plant stem cells to repair and keep your skin healthy while covering imperfections. Its unique three-tier cream design includes the milk lotion with wild ginseng, the concealer and the serum with repair complex CLR.
I think the sample size is really small for us to know if this BB cream works. The samples are only two application, that’s why I can’t afford to swatch this for you all L
4. b.liv Off With Those Heads - Blackheads Sebum Gel
Remove white heads and blackheads gently and effectively with this sebum gel. This wonder gel also keeps oil secretions under control and banishes all kinds of skin irritations.
This is actually Cellnique’s Skin Action Sebum Gel. I compared the both products and there’s no difference at all. I don’t know why they repackage it into a different brand b.liv. If it is totally the same thing as the Cellnique Skin Action Sebum Gel, then you should really get it. It is really good and effective in reducing black & white heads.
5. Benefit POREfessional
Minimise the appearance of pores and fine lines with this smooth operator. Silky and lightweight, wear the POREfessional balm on its own or under or on top of makeup. Its translucent, oil-free formula complements different skin tones and helps makeup stay put. It contains a Vitamin E derivative, known to protect the skin from free radicals.
I have this as one of my makeup primer and I’m using it everyday. This is the best product featured this month, for me. The balm is actually made of silicon. It does a great job filling up pores and reducing fine lines temporary. I recommend this to everyone who wears coverage makeup.
6. Di Palomo Tuscan Rose Moisturising Body Wash
This is a rich, luxuriant body wash formulated using the finest ingredients. Added moisturisers like Pro-Vitamin B5 keeps skin sooth and supple.
The smell is heavenly! Who doesn’t love the smell of fresh rose on their skin? I use this shower gel at night before bed and treat it like an aroma therapy stuff. The smell lingers until I fall asleep. I love it!!! But for a full size, RM69 is quite pricey. So I’m saving this sample to use only when I feel really stressed. If you love light rose scent and willing to pay RM69 for a body wash, get this!
One huge improvement from this localized VT is that, the vouchers are valid in Malaysia! I used to receive very exciting VT Singapore vouchers, but they’re only valid in Singapore. I had to pass them to my Singaporean friends or throw them away.
There’s also a little treat from VT’s team...
My verdict on Vanity Trove Malaysia:
1. The content for this month’s VT is quite satisfying. I really love the POREfessional because it is something I’m using daily and the size is almost half of the full size. The Di Palomo body wash is also amazing. The only thing that is not so satisfying is the sample size of the Oriks BB Cream. I think it is too small.
2. I love the idea of localized beauty box. At least, as a subscriber, we can receive products that are available in our market. And the vouchers are useable in our country. Compared to previous VT Singapore, the products and vouchers are totally irrelevant to our market.
3. As a premier beauty box, I think Vanity Trove has a lot to improve in terms of the brands that they are going to feature in their beauty box. Or at least, they could feature more products in a month. The subscription is RM60 a month, which is almost double the price of other beauty boxes in town. That’s really expensive, consider that the content is almost similar. I would love to see VT feature high end brands or put in more products for us to try.
I’m looking forward for the next month’s Malaysia VT because I saw some products that I really want on their website (pssstt... Urban Decay primer potion). I hope they include it in next month’s box. Plus, I really want to see more of VT.
If you would like to receive Vanity Trove Malaysia edition, do subscribe <<HERE>>.
Let’s wait for next month’s box.