Today I'm going to review the two best-seller from O'slee Rosehip range: (1) Hydra-White Cleansing Powder, and (2) Beauty Solution Advanced Formula III. O'slee treats these two babies like a star because they have won the brand numerous awards. Let's see if they're really worth the hype.
1. Rosehip Hydra-White Cleansing Powder
What it claims:
- Botanic cleansing formula, deep cleansing, removing blackheads & cuticles - The micro-foam cleansing powder which contains coconut and cinnamon, can remove blackheads and cuticles without drying the skin.
- Instant whitening, extra moisturizing - Papayayeast and aloe vera extracts provide whitening and moisturizing effects through cleansing.
Pour adequate amount of cleansing powder onto your palm. Work up lather with a little water. Gently massage your face with circular motion. Rinse with water.
I'm not a fan of this cleansing powder. I find it too troublesome, especially when I wash my face in the shower. Too much water would dilute the powder away, and too little water will make the foam too thick. The question of how much water to mix is by luck, I would think. I probably need a few more weeks of practice before I get it right.
Other than that, if you like light foam cleanser, this would be a good product to try. For its whitening and black head removal function, I think I need to use at least the entire bottle before I say if it works or not.
2. Rosehip Beauty Solution Advanced Formula III
What it claims:
- UV-Oxi Protection: Reduce skin oxidation by neutralizing free radicals produced by UV rays.
- Pore-refining & black head reducing: Promote skin revitalization and minimize pores. Purify residues and reduce the formation of blackheads.
- Enhance absorption ability: Soften and remove corneous dead cells. Optimize skin absorption ability.
- Balance of moisture and oil: Increase and retain skin moisture. Regulate the balance of moisture and oil level of skin.
- Whitening: Reduce pigmentation, spots and make skin translucent white.
Use after cleansed as toner day and night.
Like other skincare, it really is very hard to tell whether the product works or not with only a few application. I have been using this for two weeks now together with the cleansing powder and I think it works well together. This product promised hell a lot of benefits, and the only thing I am sure of is that it does provide really good moisture level to the skin. You will feel your skin turns instant soft. I think this is more of a softener/essence rather than a toner. It has the same texture as the Shiseido Eudermine. Generally, it works well as just a toner. I definitely recommend this as compared to the cleansing powder. If you're looking for a much cheaper alternative to the Shiseido Eudermine, do get this. It will not disappoint you.
I have one problem with the product though.... It smells like rose syrup, the one you can order at mamak stall.
The cleansing powder retails at RM50+, and the solution retails at RM50+. But if you purchase the Guardian Exclusive pack, it is only RM79.88 for both products. The duo pack is really worth it if you want to try out the products. Do get it while stock lasts.