Makeup Basics is a weekly topic on this blog. The topic's aim is to help makeup rookie on how to get started. If you're interested in this topic, make sure to come back every week. There will be tips and product recommendations. If you have any useful tips and comment to share, don't forget to comment below.
Today I will be talking about eyebrow. One of the product which I recommended in the previous Makeup Basics post was the Kiss Me Heavy Rotation Powder Eyebrow & Nose Shadow. This is a multi-use product. You can use it as a regular eyebrow powder, or an eyeshadow, or a contour powder. Since we're on the topic of makeup basics, I will just show how it will do to your eyebrow.
Notice anything weird about my makeup?
Everything is wrong with my makeup up. I look like a weird ghost. And the thing is... the only missing part is my eyebrow.
There are two variations available - light brown and natural brown. If you have a blonde hair or lighter hair color, go for the light brown one. The natural brown is more universal for Asian skin and hair tone.
The palette comes in three different shades - light brown for contouring, the medium brown for inner part of your eyebrow and the darker brown for outer part of the eyebrow. It is not fixed as how you want to use the palette. As long as you know how to play with the colors, you are able to mix and match the different shades to your liking.
The palette comes with duo-ended brush. The dome shape for contouring and the flat one for the eyebrow. I always prefer to use my own brush because it is longer and I'm able to control my brush better because I'm already used to it. For the start, you can use the brush provided. They're pretty good actually.
Here's a swatch of the three shades:
Why Kiss Me Powder Eyebrow
1. Easy to use - When you just started to explore makeup, eyebrow is probably the hardest part to deal with. It is the part of the face that defines your entire look. If you have thick eyebrow, you might look angry. If you have thin eyebrow, you might look surprised. It is best if you can have something which is easy to use so you can have more control on how you want your eyebrow to look like.
2. Long lasting - It last all day long. It is sweat proof and not easily smudge.
3. Comes with brush - The brushes are made of quality bristles. You don't have to incur extra cost for your makeup startup.
4. Comes with 3 tones - The three shades are blendable and buildable. You are able to play with the different shades to create the perfect eyebrow you want.
5. Pocket friendly - It is only RM44.90 (available at Sasa & Watson). The previous one that I had lasted about 5 months. When you break it down to monthly expenses, it is pretty cheap.
6. Easy to control - As compared to eyebrow pencil, this is easier to use. You have full control of how dark/light you want the shade to be. It is also easier to control the shape that you want.
How to use:
The lighter shade is for contouring (I will update another post on this). Use the medium shade to fill in your brows on the inner part. Then apply the darkest shade on the outer edge of your eyebrow.
Have you tried this powder eyebrow before? If yes, how do you like it? Let me know what you think about this product. Do you have any other eyebrow product which you can recommend and any tips on eyebrow that you can share with me, feel free to leave a comment below.