This blush is extremely pretty - that's enough excuse to get one. I got drawn to it because of the unique packaging and the very girly salmon pink shade of the blush. I'm really into salmon pink shades at the moment because it lifts up the spirit whenever I look at it. Plus, the delicate dandelion applicator adds the fun of it.
- Brand: Jill Stuart
- Product name: Loose Blush
- Shade: 02 Fluffy Flower
- Purchase from: Sephora
- Price: RM160
- Product explanation: Just like cotton candy, this Loose Blush is sure to keep you sweet! You’ll be pretty in pink when you use the soft puff stick applicator to apply a hint of colour to your cheekbones. The powder blush even has a delicate shimmer for a naturally radiant finish.
Let the review begins!
- It is extremely beautiful (not sure how many times I'm going to say this). Whenever I use, it adds a little special moment. To me, the time spent on makeup is also my "me time". I enjoy admiring the packaging, swirling the blush on to the dandelion puff and brush it off my cheek. That moment of self-love is really precious. Kinda off-topic, but you know what I mean...
- There is a fainted rose scent which smells really good. It is good to know that the scent comes from the rose extract and not perfumed alcohol. Rest assured, it is friendly to sensitive skin.
- The shade itself is really beautiful. I'm using 02 Fluffy Flower. It gives a light wash when applied, so it isn't "into your face" kind of product. You need to work on a few layers to get a strong blush on your cheek. I like my blush to be sheer, so this is a good feature of the product.
- The dandelion applicator is so awesome. Initially, I thought it wouldn't pick up the product, but it works just as good as a blush. It did hurt a little when you see the foundation kinda smeared on the "bulu-bulu" of the dandelion. (Should I add that in the "cons" section?)
- It contains natural ingredients such as rosemary extract, lavender oil and avocado oil.
Read also: Sephora New Brand Jill Stuart
- First of all, you don't get much product from the container. There are only 5g of blush. To break it down, it's about RM32 per gram, which is really expensive. Other high-end blush normally cost around RM20 per gram.
- The price is a bit expensive, so this isn't a good idea to use it for regular daily blush.
I'm not sure if I would recommend this blush or not. It is nice to have and not a must-have. If you have the money to spend, it is definitely a good addition to your makeup collection. Otherwise, you could get it as a treat for a special occasion.