I’m so used to that uncomplicated hotpot buffet where you pay RM55 per head and you can eat all you want. When I arrived at the Beauty in The Pot, I got so confused. First, there’s a waiting list - where you will be prompted via phone when your queue number is approaching. Then, there’s the reputable waiting service. You can have snacks, drinks, and playroom for the kids while you are waiting. And the most challenging part, the waitress speak mainly Chinese. The initial experience was quite awkward when I tried to get a table and the main contributing factor was the language barrier. Securing a table can be a gamble of luck, depending on what time and whether it is a school holiday period.
In my very honest opinion, the food is great! I saw a lot of reviews saying the food was average and not up to the standard of its price. I feel that the comments didn’t do justice. The food were well prepared, the soup is made of generous ingredients and the ingredients aren’t cheap.
Address: Lot T3-25-30, SkyAvenue Rooftop, 69000 Genting Highlands, PahangPrice range: Approximately RM150 per person for average eater
Rating: 4.5 out of 5
I went there on Saturday night and the queue was up till 1AM. I didn't stand in line to wait for a table because 1AM for hotpot is just ridiculous. Instead, I went back there the next day at 11:30AM when they just opened. So this was my breakfast.
Why I love it:
- The food made of premium and fresh ingredients.
- The soup base is really good, you can’t compare it with those generic steamboat restaurants.
- The waiting service is good. Although there is a long queue, the system works efficiently so you will know the estimated waiting time.
- I really love the tea and dessert. And the best thing is, they're free!
- Don’t order lots of veggies. Period. It's not worth your money. Order more meat instead.
- Make use of the sauce bar. You can customize your own condiments at the sauce bar.
- For a guaranteed table with no queue, go during the opening time which is around 12PM.